What Is Foracort Forte Inhaler?
About Foracort Forte Inhaler
- Composition : Formoterol (6 mcg) + Budesonide (200 mcg)
- Power : 6 mcg + 200 mcg respectively
- Used for: Asthma and COPD ( Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease )
- Pharmaceutical form: inhaler pump
- Route of administration: inhalation
- Packaging: comes as a pump, encased in a cardboard box.
- Manufacturer: Cipla Ltd.
Foracort 200 mcg is an inhaler, which is used in the treatment of asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. Foracort 200 mcg is a formulation that consists of formoterol in 6 mcg and Budesonide in 200 mcg power. Formoterol acts as a bronchodilator, an anti-inflammatory agent, and Budesonide act as a corticosteroid. Foracort 200 mcg doesn’t help in relieving sudden shortness of breath. This medicine is to be used regularly as per the prescription, and it shows its effects after a few days of regular administration. It is very important to use this inhaler with the proper technique, for the best results.
Foracort Forte Inhaler Uses:
- Foracort 200 mcg inhaler is a long-acting pump used in cases of asthma and COPD ( Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease ). Asthma is a condition in which the patient’s airways become inflamed, narrow, and swollen with excess mucus production making breathing difficult. Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease is a syndrome that consists of a group of diseases like emphysema and chronic bronchitis that cause airway blockage and difficult respiration. Foracort Forte Inhaler has formoterol and Budesonide as its contents. Formoterol helps by reducing inflammation and acts as a bronchodilator, helping reduce the breathlessness in long term. Budesonide acts as a corticosteroid, hence reducing the inflammation and reduces the frequency of sudden attacks.
How does the Foracort Forte Inhaler work?
- As we have discussed above, Foracort 200 mcg is an inhaler pump, containing formoterol and Budesonide. Formoterol is a bronchodilator and anti-inflammatory compound, so it acts very well in dilating the narrow bronchioles, that have occurred due to asthma. The anti-inflammatory action of formoterol helps reduce the secretions which otherwise block the bronchus. Budesonide is a corticosteroid, which suppresses the release of certain cytokines or chemicals which bring about the swelling and inflammation around the airway tubes. So, both these agents work jointly in the Foracort Forte Inhaler to reduce the information, swelling, narrowing, and secretions in the airways. With regular use of a Foracort inhaler, there is a remarkable reduction in the symptoms like wheezing, shortness of breath and cough.
Foracort Forte Inhaler Dosage :
Foracort Forte Inhaler is a medication that requires regular use for best results. The dose required by a particular person widely varies patient by patient. One must always consult a doctor before taking this medicine, so as to avoid unwanted side effects.
- Adults (18 years and older):
- 1 or 2 inhalation puffs twice daily is recommended, depending upon the severity of the symptoms
- Adolescents (12-17 years):
- 1 inhalation puff twice daily.
- Pediatric Population
- Foracort 200 mcg is not recommended for children under 12 years of age. But, you can ask your doctor about it.
Missed dose :
- If you miss a dose of Foracort 200 mcg inhaler, take one dose as soon as you recall. But if your next dose is scheduled soon, do not take a double dose.
- An overdose of Foracort 200 mcg can lead to many unwanted side effects due to its formoterol content, so inform the incidence your doctor immediately.
How to take Foracort Forte Inhaler?
- Foracort 200 mcg inhaler is used by taking it through an oral inhalation route. You can take 1 or 2 puffs twice a day, as prescribed by the doctor. Foracort 200 mcg is maintenance therapy, as is used for long-term relief.
Steps to use-
- Detach the mouthpiece from the pump inhaler. Shake the inhaler for few times. Exhale out as much as comfortable and then place the mouthpiece near the mouth. Press the top button on the inhaler, so as to release the dose of medicine and inhale fully through the mouth as deeply as possible and hold the breath for few seconds. Now, remove the inhaler and breathe regularly. Put the mouthpiece back on the inhaler pump. Rinse the mouth with water thoroughly after each use.
Alternative Choice Here:
Can I buy Foracort Forte Inhaler drug online?
- Yes, you can buy Foracort Forte Inhaler online from various websites, at a discounted price and get the privilege of getting the medicine at your doorsteps.
Warnings / precautions
- Foracort 200 mcg is a maintenance medicine that works in the long term, as doesn’t show effect in sudden shortness of breath.
- Patients having allergies to Budesonide or formoterol should not take Foracort 200 mcg and inform the doctor.
- This medication, when started should not be stopped suddenly. A regular dose must be taken, with regular follow-ups with your doctor, as the dose needs to be tapered off to the minimum requirement from time to time.
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding, a Foracort Forte Inhaler is not recommended. Still, you can discuss this with your doctor.
- Patients having cardiac diseases like myocardial infarction recently, arrhythmias, tachycardia must avoid the use of the Foracort Forte Inhaler.
- Patients suffering from pulmonary infections like tuberculosis must not take Foracort 200 mcg inhaler.
- If you have thyroid anomalies or diabetes, consult with your doctor before taking this medicine.
- Drugs that interact negatively with Foracort Forte Inhaler are L-Dopa used in patients with Parkinson’s disease, L-thyroxine in case of thyroid disease, oxytocin for inducing labour, alcohol, xanthines found in stimulants, mineral corticosteroids for Addison’s disease, diuretics for water retention, ephedrine, the antiarrhythmics quinidine, disopyramide and procainamide, phenothiazines in antipsychotics, the antihistamine terfenadine, monoamine oxidase inhibitors, and tricyclic antidepressants; beta-blockers which also include eye drops, the antifungals ketoconazole and itraconazole, etc. So it is a must to get your doctor’s appointment before taking Foracort 200 mcg inhaler.
Foracort Forte Inhaler Side Effects
Some of the common side effects are
- respiratory tract infection,
- hoarseness of voice,
- fungal infections in the mouth (candidiasis),
- sore throat,
- musculoskeletal pain like bone pain or muscle pain or joint pains
- increased heart rate,
- dryness of throat,
If you experience such symptoms inform your doctor about it.
- Foracort Forte Inhaler should be stored below 25°C in a cool dry place. It should be kept away from the reach of children and pets.
Where to Buy Foracort Forte Inhaler
- You can easily buy Foracort Forte Inhaler online from trusted websites at Genericmeds USA, just by a click, or can also buy from any nearby chemist shop.